Rumor: Is This The Galaxy S III?
Just 24 hours ago we reported on a leaked Galaxy S III render, which I proclaimed as fake. Today, another source is saying a friend who works for Samsung sent him the above image. In addition to the poor picture, the employee gave him the following info:
- 4.7″ HD display that has just enough space for a front camera, speaker grill, and so that cases would fit on. The rest really is supposedly all screen (including those on-screen buttons).
- Quad-core Exynos chip with 2GB of RAM. He initially called the SoC a 4212, which is Samsung’s latest dual-core chip, but then changed it to 4412 after hearing it from redditors.
- 8MM thick but with a 2250mAh battery.
- 12MP rear camera.
- Back is made of ceramic just like the HTC One S.
- The back is completely smooth without the famous hump from last year’s model.
- Sammie may be looking into giving you the option to choose either TouchWiz or stock ICS – sort of a dual-launcher approach.
What do I think? It is fake. Because of the lines on the picture, it looks like this person just took a picture of a mockup on their computer.
What do you think? Tell us in the comments!