News: CyanogenMod 9 RC2 Now Available, Includes Bug Fixes and Support for 5 New Devices
As it ends its end of life, release candidate two of CyanogenMod 9 is now available. It already supports a ton of devices, but RC2 adds support for five new Samsung devices.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (all variants)
- Samsung Galaxy SII on AT&T – Skyrocket
- Samsung Galaxy SII on T-Mobile – Hercules
- Samsung Galaxy Note on AT&T
- Samsung Galaxy SIII – i9300 (International GSM model)
Steve Kondik says that this release includes quite a bug fixes, as well as new translations. Kondik says that this build turns CM9 into “a product that you’d let your mom use.” The final stable version of CM9 is right areounf the corner. After it is released, focus shifts solely to the Jelly Bean based CyanogenMod 10 .